Computer Dudes Best Practices - 2024
Welcome to 2024 - or according to when you read this Happy Holidays to all our friends, employees, families and communities.
1) How To: Setup a safe payment app with local bank support. Details and Video will be posted soon. as well as full detail on our website.
load a new payment app lightly funded, then how to setup a separate safe account at a bank. This one is at the "Filming" Ads stage of prep for 2024.
2) Backups, portable backups, remote backups, offsite backup, usb drive backups and taking a copy of your backup home in case there is a fire at the office.
3) Identify "Deepfakes" and those who use them, along with con-men, grifters, deals that are "too good to be true," and people who abuse your customers and employees.
Cut them off and Block them. We will show you more on this soon.
4) If you do wish to surf the web, use Social Media or Hold Secure Meetings - use a disposable Laptop attached to a separate network than your main network at work and at home.
Easier than it sounds - use a "Hot Spot," or Second Data Source or put it behind a separate router with a different IP series. Turn the laptop off when not in use. Factory Reload if it gets a virus or replace it.
5) Stay Alive - take care of your health, your families and your employees and clients. Be Prepared to assist or render First Aid or CPR to others. Advanced First Aid classes are suggested. One can find such classes for free in most cities and towns
6) Back Out of Social Media in 2024 - to many fakes, bots and political posts. Do not spend your advertising dollars on Social Media instead bolster your website and its SEO. Revert to non-social media marketing plans and MAKE SURE your marketing is on target for whom you are selling to. Dollars spend on bad advertising have put many a company under since long before computers and social networks existed.
7) NEW Security Processes and Standards in 2024. We recommend "Open Security" for 90% of all corporate computers and "Redundant" resources. "Compartmentalization and Separation" for Real secrets, client databases, finances, bids and advertising go on a SEPARATE NETWORK. Nothing personal or business is left on the workstations or servers on the "Open Security" side. Secure materials are kept on a different server on a different network with real-time backups and off-site backups. Encrypt your databases on your "secure side" too and have them limited by IP and MAC address filters.
8) Employees - value them, listen to them, keep them on track. Respect is a two way Street. Pay and Benefits should be appropriate for a long term relationship.
9) The Rule of Three - Always have 3 different suppliers, 3 different ways to access the net for transactions, 3 Ways to Do Business in Emergencies (including pen and paper.) and 3 Different Tests at a minimum of all hardware, software, and power systems.. Most of us Computer Dudes even have 3 sets of tools - one in the truck, one on their workbench, and one at the lab. ;)
10) If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Don't be scammed, fooled, or lied to. If the client or company is shady - don't use them. Get rich quick just doesn't work for most people.
11) Quality as a Business Plan is something we endorse. Quality to the point of being Art. Money is a Side Affect of Quality.
12) "Be Excellent to Each Other!!" - Yes, I did complete this list with a quote from Bill and Ted and their Big Adventure.
:In 2024 Computer Dudes will continue to share our Photos, Videos and Project Discussions - online at out website: www.thecomputerdudesinc.com or on Youtube when they become available.
The Economy is solid and outlook good - going into the first quarter of 2024 - from both a business and personal standpoint. :)
Todd W. Byars
Founder / Owner
The Computer Dudes, Inc
"Nothing is Impossible" - our motto since 1997